After Morocco’s thrilling World Cup semi-finals, the Berlin police had to intervene in several spontaneous fan parties.

in Neukölln According to the police, about 300 people gathered shortly after 6 pm and blocked their way Crossing Sonnenallee / Pannierstrasse. Some climbed trees and parked cars, some of which were damaged. The police then closed the Sonnenallee between Pannierstrasse and Weichselstrasse, which also affected the M41 bus line. Over time, the crowd grew about 600 people a.

When other emergency services arrived, people left the road and moved away, until the road reopened around 7:45 p.m.

During the proceedings, an emergency operator sustained a minor head injury from pyrotechnics, but was able to remain on duty. “After the deployment of strong forces, calm has returned,” the Mawqif Service said.

In the west of the city they also gathered from 6 p.m About 250 vehicles around Hardenbergplatz and BreitscheidplatzTo celebrate Morocco’s 1-0 victory over Portugal. According to their statements, the police prevented the formation of a procession.

Nevertheless, about 80 people gathered at Breitscheidplatz. I got in around 7:30pm up to 200 people The pass is at the intersection of Joachimsthaler Strasse and Kantstrasse. The crowd then moved to Hardenbergplatz, becoming aggressive according to the police and throwing fireworks at the emergency services accompanying them. On Budapester Strasse a 15-year-old suspect arrested.

In the course of the arrest, the aggressiveness increased, so that the emergency services briefly withdrew into a building with the arrested person as well as protecting uninvolved bystanders. With the support of other police officers, the situation calmed down shortly thereafter. The crowd is said to have dispersed around 8:15 pm.

See also  When will the economy unfreeze begin? Kościński: return to normal in 2-3 months

According to the announcement, two emergency services personnel who received outpatient care were injured and their service was terminated during the arrest. One of the officers was hit in the head by gunfire. The 15-year-old was taken to a police station where his mother was allowed to pick him up.

A party was also held on Alexanderplatz. According to the police, there was About 80 to 100 people gathered. According to the police, after the quarter-final between England and France kicked off at 8 p.m., it got quieter – probably because people were lounging in front of the TV, it was said.

Investigations were launched into particularly serious breaches of the peace, grievous bodily harm, resistance to law enforcement officials, violations of the Weapons and Explosives Act, and damage to motor vehicles.

Broadcast: rbb24, December 10, 2022, at 9:45 p.m