Primark in Braehead is set to remain open for 36 hours in the lead up to birthday To help shoppers.
High St A retailer has been forced to lock down for three weeks in Tier 4 regions of Scotland due to lockdown restrictions on non-essential stores.
But now all stores in Scotland are set to reopen on Friday, December 11 with business hours extended in an effort to ease high customer demand during the busy holiday period. The Daily Record Reports.
Primark Braehead will be the only store to trade overnight for 36 hours – it will open at 9 AM on December 11 and will remain open until 9 PM on December 12.
All other stores will be trading across Scotland until at least 8 PM on weekdays until December 23.
Safety remains Primark’s top priority and all stores continue to take extensive safety measures in line with government directives.
This includes strict social distancing protocols, restrictions on the number of customers allowed in the store, hand sanitizing stations on entry, Perspex displays or booths, use of face masks in the store and increased cleaning in the store.
Paul Marchant, Chief Executive Officer of Primark said: “We are delighted to reopen all of our stores in Scotland on December 11th, with longer shopping hours to give our customers more time to do their shopping safely.
“We have everything our customers expect this season from Primark, including iconic Christmas jackets, festive pajamas and more.
“All of our comprehensive safety measures remain in place to help ensure that shopping at Primark is a fun and safe experience for everyone.”
Primark safety measures in all stores:
• Follow local government guidelines and limit the number of customers allowed in the store at any time to allow proper distance between customers and employees.
• Clear signs and floor decals, as well as dedicated staff and security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
• Redesigning the layout of our stores to allow more space between people by reconfiguring our queue system at our maintenance points to allow for social distancing. Dedicated personnel will be on hand when needed to manage the correct queue flow.
• Entry and exit points will be clearly defined.
• Tanning is frequently advertised in store to remind customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
• In line with government directives, all customers are required to wear face coverings in our stores, unless exempt for medical reasons.
• Upon entering the store, customers are required to use the hand sanitizer located at the entrance to the store. The dedicated staff will be on hand to assist clients if needed.
Face masks for all of our employees must be worn while at work.
• Perspex refineries or booths have been installed on the tillage tools to help protect customers and employees.
• Encourage card and contactless payments when possible to reduce cash interactions.
• Dedicated personnel to manage store entrances and throughout the store, when required, to ensure social distancing measures are followed.
• Dedicated staff will make sure that hand hygiene stations are filled and inform the store manager of any issues or concerns.
• We have invested heavily in increasing the frequency and strictness of our store cleaning policy in all our markets, paying particular attention to high frequency contact points such as plowing, escalators, elevators and personnel areas at the back of the house.
• A basket cleaning system has been introduced, so that each basket handle is cleaned before use.
“Music specialist. Pop culture trailblazer. Problem solver. Internet advocate.”