- In his speech, Tom Hanks referred to recent events in the United States, including riots at the Capitol Building
- – In the last few weeks, the last few years, we’ve witnessed deep division and disturbing hatred in our land – Tom Hanks said in front of the Abraham Lincoln Mausoleum
- The evening was honored with performances by American music stars, including Bruce Springsteen and Katy Perry
- More of these stories can be found on the Onet.pl homepage
Virtual Party “Celebrate America” It was the last chord of Joe Biden’s inaugural show. Between the performances of the stars, recorded statements of Americans from all over the country were played. The focus was on those who were involved in fighting the epidemic; Honor, among other things, teachers, postal workers, and healthcare professionals.
One of the elements of the program was also Joe Biden’s speech. “I stand humbly in this sacred place,” said the President, standing before the statue of Abraham Lincoln. “It is with humility to President Lincoln and the office that we now thank you people of America. We have discovered once again that democracy is precious and it has been preserved -” he added.
During the ceremony, a short conversation took place between former presidents George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Wish you all good luck to the new White House host.
The event was hosted by an actor in front of the Abraham Lincoln Mausoleum Tom Hanks.
He said – in the past few weeks, the past few years, we have witnessed deep divisions and disturbing hatred in our land. “Tonight we are thinking about the United States, the exercise of our democracy, the foundations of our republic, the integrity of our constitution, and the hopes and dreams of a more perfect union,” he added.
– Inauguration Day is more than just the oath of successive leaders of our nation. This day is a testament to the durability of our ideal American ideals, ” Hanks continued. Every four years we hear words that will empower us all on the next journey; A message that can unite us the moment we begin our journey from where we are to where we can be. And he concluded a journey to a common goal, to our Promised Land.
The evening was honored with performances by American music stars. Bruce Springsteen and John Legend sang in front of the Abraham Lincoln Shrine, and finally – at the fireworks display over the Washington Monument – Katy Perry sang her hit song “Fireworks.”
President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden were impressed with the inaugural fireworks display from the White House balcony.
The virtual concert, in which some shows were recorded in other American cities, including Miami, Los Angeles, and Nashville, was shown by major television stations in the United States, including. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC.
Źródło: Fox News, The Hollywood Reporter, PAP
“Food practitioner. Music junkie. Avid troublemaker. Hipster-friendly creator. Social media lover. Wannabe pop culture fanatic.”