- The spokeswoman added that the Biden administration will review the measures that have been taken regarding the pipeline
- Anthony Blinken, the new president of US diplomacy approved by the Senate, said he shares with Congress his view that Nord Stream 2 is a harmful project
- In turn, the new head of Germany’s ruling Christian Democratic Union, Armin Laschet, said that he does not intend to review his support for the pipeline, despite opposition from the United States and some European countries.
- More information can be found on the Onet.pl homepage
– US President Joe Biden firmly believes that the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline linking Russia to Germany is a bad project for Europe – Jin Saki said. A White House spokeswoman added that the Biden administration would review measures that have been taken regarding the pipeline.
Anthony Blinken – the US Deputy Secretary of State under President Barack Obama – also said in the Senate that he shares the Congressional opinion that Nord Stream 2 It is a harmful project. The US Senate approved Blinken as head of US diplomacy on Tuesday.
Earlier, the new president to rule against Germany Armin Laschet said he does not intend to review its support for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which will transport Russian natural gas to Europe, despite opposition from the United States and some European countries. When asked at a press conference whether he was ready to rethink the Russian pipeline, Lachette replied, “No.”
The rest of the text is below the video.
Let’s remember that President Donald Trump spoke unpleasantly about Nord Stream 2. It was stated in September 2020The gas pipeline should not be completed. He estimated that before winning the 2016 election, “no one had heard of Nord Stream 2”.
The United States is pursuing a policy of sanctions regarding the construction of the gas pipeline. January 19 this year, the day before Trump’s term ends, You have been subjected to penalties The Fortuna pipelayer is in operation at the Nord Stream 2 construction site and its owner, the Russian company KVT-RUS.
These entities are entered on the so-called SDN List (Particularly Designated Nationals). Introduced under CAATSA (“America’s Opponents Through Sanctions Act”). The inclusion of the entities on the List of Limited Persons is linked to the freeze of funds stored in the United States of America. They are also unable to deal with American citizens.
The first phone conversation between new US President Joe Biden and Russian leader Vladimir Putin took place on Tuesday. Among the topics discussed by politicians were the issue of Alexei Navalny, cyberattacks on US institutions, the new treaty to reduce strategic weapons, as well as the issue of Ukraine’s sovereignty.
Joe Biden was looking for a way to break sharply from the warm rhetoric his predecessor Donald Trump had often made toward Putin, according to the Palestinian Authority Agency, citing officials who were familiar with the talks between US and Russian leaders.
Biden said the United States was prepared to defend itself and would take measures that could include more sanctions to show that Moscow would not act with impunity.
We are so glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Proud creator. Amateur music junkie. Tv scholar. Web fan. Lifelong alcohol lover. Falls down a lot. Hardcore thinker.”