- At the airport at Andrews Base, among other things, the flight song “Don’t Stop Believin”, followed by “YMCA”.
- When the plane left, “My Way” was turned on for Frank Sinatra. “I lived a full life, traveled every way, and most importantly, I did it on my own” – reads the poetry of the song
- My presidency has been wonderful in every respect. I say goodbye to you, but I hope the farewell is not long. Today we will see each other, the outgoing US president said
- More information can be found on the Onet.pl homepage
Donald Trump He left the White House with his wife Melania Trump after 14:00 Polish time (after 8 a.m. local time). The presidential couple boarded a helicopter on the lawn in front of the abandoned seat. Then the outgoing American leader traveled to the Andrews Joint Base, from where he traveled to Florida.
Journey’s song – “Don’t Stop Believin” was played at the airport at the base.
By the time the presidential couple got on the plane, you could hear the song “YMCA” by Village People.
When the plane left, Frank Sinatra “took my way”. “And now, the end is near and I am facing the end. My friend, let me clarify that. I’ll explain what I’m sure of. To” – is the first verse of the song.
TRUMP: I’ll see you again
– I want to thank you for all your work. Nobody knows how much I have done for this country, Donald Trump asked his family and associates in a speech in Andrews.
My presidency has been wonderful in every respect. I say goodbye to you, but I hope the farewell is not long. We’ll see each other again – said the outgoing US President.
– It was a wonderful four years. Together, we achieved a lot. Hope they don’t raise your taxes.
Joe Biden inauguration
On Wednesday, at 18 Polish time, Joe Biden He will be sworn in as the forty-sixth president United States of America. The presidential inauguration has traditionally been accompanied by many special events. This year – despite the epidemic and Riot threats There will also be a lot of them, but some will be limited or default.
Traditionally, a party gathering will house the majority of members of Congress, the Supreme Court, past presidents and vice presidents. The inauguration will not be attended by the oldest living ex-president – Jimmy Carter, 96, who will not participate in the inauguration for the first time since 1977. Outgoing Vice President Mike Pence has confirmed his participation.
Donald Trump, who has broken with tradition, will not attend the swearing-in ceremony for his successor. Nor did the US President invite the president-elect to the White House after the elections.
We are so glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Proud creator. Amateur music junkie. Tv scholar. Web fan. Lifelong alcohol lover. Falls down a lot. Hardcore thinker.”