Entered the 65th Eurovision Final in history. Year after year, the competition raises standards and stops being a totally embarrassing festival—at least when we talk about TV shows and pop music. Many of this year’s songs could become hits for the upcoming holidays. Will this happen? We’ll see, or actually we’ll hear soon.
Apparently no one watches Eurovision, despises like disco polo, but you are in this article, right? No wonder, I followed the competition this year for the first time with effortless excitement. Maybe it’s old age, maybe the lack of mass entertainment in the epidemic, or maybe the fact that this year the interest in the Vistula was greater, because there was a lot of confusion about our representative.
From the start, Rafael Brzuzovsky faced hate because of Chosen by Public Television by secret ballot. The bets did not give him any chancesAs if that wasn’t enough, last weekend in his team Coronavirus has been detected. TVP star finally performed, but didn’t kidnap the audience. Song ride It might not have been fatal, but it surpassed its vocal capabilities.
During Saturday’s finals, apart from the participants themselves, Eurovision winner 2019 also played, among others, Dutch Duncan Lawrence. The brilliant performance by the famous DJ and Producer Afrojack was a small surprise. Okay, but let’s get to the point.
Eurovision 2021 – the complete list of finalists
26 countries presented themselves in the 65th Eurovision Final in 2021 at the Ahoy Arena in Rotterdam. 20 of them were selected in the semi-finals – on Tuesday and Thursday (Rafael Przuzovsky was eliminated in the latter). The remaining six have secured a place – we are talking about the Netherlands that won earlier (two years ago, because the competition was canceled a year ago due to a pandemic outbreak) and the so-called Big Five.
- Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou – El Diablo
- Albania: Anxhela Peristeri – Karma
- Azrael: Eden Aline – Let Me Free
- Belgium: Hooverphonic – wrong place
- Rusja: Manisha – a Russian woman
- Malta: Destiny – Ji Mi Cass
- Portugal: The Black Mamba – Love is on my side
- Serbia: Hurricane – Loko Loco
- United Kingdom: James Newman-Embers
- Greece: Stefania – The Last Dance
- Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – Tout l’Univers (3rd place)
- Iceland: Da∂i Freyr og Gagnamagni∂ – 10 years old
- Hispania: Place Canto – I’ll love me
- Moldova: Natalia Gordenko – Sugar
- Germany: Jendrik – I don’t feel hate
- Finland: The blind canal – the dark side
- Pujaria: Victoria – maturity is getting old
- Litwa: The Roop – Discoteque
- Ukraine: Go_A – Shum
- France: Barbara Pravi – Voilà (2nd)
- Azerbaijan: Effendi – Mata Hari
- Norwegian: TIX – Fallen Angel
- Hollandia: Jeangu Macrooy – The Birth of a New Era
- Italy: Måneskin – Zitti e Buoni (1st place)
- Sweden: Tosi – Voices
- San Marino: Synhit-Adrenalina
Points are calculated based on the total number of text messages from viewers (only people outside its borders can vote for their country) and jury votes.
Eurovision 2021 – Who won?
This year, the diversity of species was definitely in the ears. Ukraine performed folklore techno, Russian hip-hop, Lithuania electro, Finland of course No Metal, Cyprus a Lady Gaga-style song, and Serbia a Buskat Dolls style. There were also stories of wonderful composition from Bulgaria.
The list of winners largely coincided with the bookmakers’ ratings, and juries from individual countries have traditionally voted mainly for their neighbors. The biggest loser turned out to be Great Britain, which did not score any points – from jurors and TV viewers.
Who reached the top of the table? Singer Jeon Tears from Switzerland came third, followed by Barbara Bravi from France. Måneskin rock group from Italy turned out to be the best, having previously topped the bookmakers. Hence the lack of surprises, despite the fact that the music they play is not at European level. However, rock and roll will not go to the other world yet.
Won the Eurovision Prize 2021 Team Måneskin from Italy.
* Main Photo: EBU / Andres Putting
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”