Getty Images / Al Bello / Pictured: Caeleb Dressel
The Americans finished seventh in the qualifying round. Later they exchanged all four and won gold in the 4x100m medley relay, breaking the world record at the same time. The second title was won by Caleb Dressel in just one hour. Before that, he was the best in the 50m race.
Of the Americans, only second-tier Michael Andrew had the best time in his shift.
The British finished second in the final, setting a new European record. The winners of the elimination – the Italians – stood on the lowest rung of the podium.
Watch the video: Tokyo 2020. Relay gold as a ‘game changer’ for Poland? “We are also capable of great things!”
Polish actors also competed in this competition. Biało-Czerwoni made up of Kacper Stokowski, Jan Kozakiewicz, Jakub Majerski and Jakub Kraska took a time of 3:32.62 minutes. In the end, they missed the climb by 0.25 seconds, bringing the Poles to ninth in the final classification.
We finish the competition in the Olympic swimming pool with a world record
– Eurosport Polska (Eurosport_PL) August 1, 2021
Men’s 4x100m relay medalists:
1. US 3: 26.78 minutes WR (Ryan Murphy, Michael Andrew, Caleb Dressel, Zach Apple/Joseph Armstrong, Blake Peroni, Tom Shields, Andrew Wilson)
2. UK 3: 27.51 ER (Luke Greenbank, Adam Petty, James Jay, Duncan Scott/James Welby)
3. Włochy 3: 29.17 min. (Thomas Ciccone, Niccol Martini, Federico Bordisso, Alessandro Merisi)
– Anita Ludarczyk is a surprise. “It was a 40 percent throw.”
– Encounter with Polish ecstasy. “We will smash everyone with this gold!”
Report a bugWP SportoweFakty
Tokyo Olympics 2020 USA Swimming Caeleb Dressel
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”