Have you ever wondered how celebrities, who always have perfect hair and skin, keep their hair color looking so fresh? Whether it’s dyed blonde or coloured brown, there are some tricks to maintaining your best hair color for as long as possible. Check out this article for the secrets that’ll help you too!
What Causes Hair Colour to Fade?
Hair color can fade for a number of reasons, the most common being exposure to sunlight and UV rays. Other causes can include using shampoos and conditioners that are not color-safe, swimming in chlorinated water, and using heat styling tools. To help prevent your hair color from fading, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, avoid over-washing your hair, and use a heat protectant when using heat styling tools.
How to Keep Your Hair Colour?
- Keep your hair color for long by using a shampoo and conditioner that are specifically designed for coloured hair. These products will help to protect your hair color from fading and will keep it looking vibrant for longer.
- Avoid washing your hair too often as this can strip away the color. Instead, try to wash it every other day or every third day using a mild shampoo.
- When you do wash your hair, use cool or lukewarm water instead of hot water as this can also fade the color.
- Dry your hair gently with a towel after washing it instead of rubbing it vigorously as this can cause the color to fade prematurely.
- Use a leave-in conditioner or serum to help protect your hair and keep it healthy. This will also help to keep your color looking fresh for longer.
- Limit your use of heat styling tools as these can cause the color to fade quickly. If you must use them, make sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair such as those found in some styling products, as these can strip away the color. Choose gentle, natural products instead whenever possible.
Assuming you’re starting with healthy, undyed hair, follow these tips to help your hair color last as long as possible.
As you can see, there are a few simple steps that you can take to help keep your hair colour for longer. By following these tips, you can enjoy your new hair colour for weeks or even months on end!
“Devoted organizer. Incurable thinker. Explorer. Tv junkie. Travel buff. Troublemaker.”