On June 27, 2022, the last four Voivodeship regions in Poland will be within the scope of the new DVB-T2 / HEVC digital terrestrial television standard. What is worth remembering? Among other things, the presence of a suitable TV or set-top box.
30 June 2022 It is one of the most important dates in the history of television in Poland. As of that date, most terrestrial programs will be available Only in DVB-T2 / HEVC standard. The changes will start in March of next year and will be introduced in phases in subsequent regions of the country:
- March 28, 2022 In the Lubuskie and Dolnośląskie districts,
- 25 April 2022 in the Zachodniopomorskie, Pomorskie, Wielkopolskie and Kujawsko-Pomorskie regions,
- May 23 2022 In لودód, Opolsky, wiتوtokrzyskie, Olinsky, Malopolsky and Podkarpaki provinces,
- 27 June 2022 In Warmińsko-mazurskie, podlaskie, mazowieckie and lubelskie counties.
research: The National Telecommunication Institute begins DVB-T2 campaign
research: DVB-T2 HEVC TV is available for testing in West Pomerania
The DVB-T2 / HEVC standard is introduced throughout the European Union. This is mainly a technical change, but it also results from the need to release some radio frequencies for radio communications, including 5G networks (700MHz band).
How is she now?
More than 30 programs (mostly free) reach viewers in Poland via digital terrestrial television. It is broadcast from terrestrial broadcasters spread across the country. To receive the signal, all you need is your antenna and a suitable TV or set-top box. Broadcasts are divided into multiplexes (MUX) and are available on different TV channels, depending on the region. For example, recipients from Varmin-Masurian Province Now at their disposal:
- MUX-1 multiplexer (TV channel 27, 28, 38 or 43): TTV, Polo TV, Eska TV, Antena HD, TV Trwam, TVP ABC, Fokus TV, Stopklatka TV,
- MUX-2 Multiplexer (channel 21, 24, 33 or 48): Polsat, Super Polsat, TVN, TVN7, TV Puls, TV Puls 2, TV4, TV6,
- MUX-3 Multiplexer (26, 29, 36 or 50 channels): TVP1 HD, TVP2 HD, TVP Info HD, TVP3 (Regionalna), TVP Historia, TVP Sport HD,
- MUX-4 multiplexer (channel 23, 36, 39 or 46): 24 event pay and free channels,
- MUX-8 Multiplexer (channel 6, 7, 8 or 9): TVP Kultura HD, TVP Entertainment, Metro, Zoom TV, Nowa TV, Telewizja WP.
After 27 June 2022 Only 1, 2, 3 and 4 multiplex signal will be broadcast in DVB-T2 / HEVC standard.
DVB-T2 / HEVC – Bigger display, better quality
After the launch of DVB-T2 / HEVC, the list of programs presented above will soon become obsolete. This criterion will allow to increase their number inside each of the multiplexes and the offer of broadcasters will be able to be enriched. Terrestrial TV in the new version will also bring viewers Huge leap in picture and sound qualityWho will be able to watch their favorite shows in HD quality or even in Ultra HD (4K), as long as they have a suitable receiver. In addition, there will be surround sound in Dolby AC-4.
What will become the standard next year can now be seen and tested. Many broadcasters throughout Poland broadcast multiplexed with programs from Telewizja Polska in DVB-T2 / HEVC format. Its coverage can be checked at emimaps.emitel.pl.
Check if you have the right TV
The new standard for broadcasting digital terrestrial television will require viewers to have appropriate equipment, without which its reception would not be possible. In the next few months, Polish residents should check whether their devices are suitable.
You will need it first of all TV supports DVB-T2 / HEVC (or a suitable decoder). The list of functions that the receiver must have can be found in a specially prepared manual. Another way is to check for yourself whether we are receiving DVB-T2 / HEVC test programs on our devices. Instructions for performing such a test can be found at this address.
If our TV does not meet the requirements, you may have to decide to purchase a new device. Another solution is to buy a set-top box for an older type of TV.
research: UKE reminds you: When you buy a TV, check if it supports the DVB-T2 / HEVC standard
research: Samsung TVs DVB-T2 / HEVC Compatible As of 2018
Image source: renateko / Pixabay, Emitel
Text source: gov.pl
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”