Sony has officially confirmed the PlayStation Store closure for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vicie and PlayStation Portable. Players will no longer be able to purchase games and add-ons on older platforms. Know all the details.
Sony has just confirmed the recent leak – Although not many players believed it, the Japanese had already cut PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation Portable from the PlayStation Store. Initially The company removed the option to purchase games and add-ons via the website and the appAnd now … 3 consoles will be completely separated from the PS Store:
“On July 2, 2021, we will close the PlayStation Store on PlayStation®3 devices and on August 27, 2021 on PlayStation Vita devices. In addition, remaining purchase functionality on PSP ™ (PlayStation Portable) systems will be discontinued for that day.”
The company confirms this Players will still be able to download previously purchased games or add-ons, but we will no longer be able to purchase new titles from all of these platforms. Additionally, we will not be able to pay for “in-game purchases” on all items.
Features that will remain available:
- You will still be able to re-download and play previously purchased games.
- You will still be able to access previously purchased media and video content.
- You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers.
- You will still be able to download and play PlayStation®Plus games again as long as you continue to subscribe to this service.
Jobs we will lose access to:
- You will no longer be able to purchase digital content for the PS3, PS Vita and PSP, including games and videos.
- You will no longer be able to make in-game purchases across PS3, PS Vita, and PSP games.
- After closing the PlayStation Store and disabling purchases on PS3, PS Vita, and PSP, you will no longer be able to redeem PSN Wallet Top-Up Coupons (such as gift cards). The PSN Wallet money will remain in your PSN account, but it can only be used to purchase PS4 and PS5 products from the PlayStation Online Store, on the PlayStation app, or on the PS4 and PS5 consoles.
The Japanese company confirms this Players will be able to download pre-purchased games via the download menu on the respective device. All funds accumulated in the wallet will still be available – but we will only buy PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 products for them.
The company will still allow you to purchase materials for games that have the Cross-Buy function – in this case, we will simply use the app or website. By accessing the PS4 / PS5 version, we will be able to access the version from other platforms.
Players do not have to worry about items from PlayStation Plus, previously obtained from Coupons (we will buy items from PS4 / PS5 for them) and we will still be able to download purchased video materials.