Lemon and pomegranate couscous
A quick and easy Moroccan couscous salad that’s great for a lunchbox or to serve with cold chicken.
1 large or 2 small pomegranates
250ml boiling chicken stock or water
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 lemons, juice only
6 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp chopped, fresh mint or coriander
Large handful spinach leaves
Radishes to garnish
- Cut the pomegranates in half and scoop out the seeds using a teaspoon and remove the white membrane around the seeds.
Technique: How to prepare a pomegranate .Watch technique
2. Place the couscous in a bowl. Pour the boiling stock or water onto the couscous and and mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cover tightly with clingfilm and allow the couscous to sit in a warm place for 5-10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the clingfilm and fluff the grains with a fork. Allow the couscous to cool completely.
4. Stir the chopped herbs, spinach leaves and pomegranate seeds into the couscous. Add more olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
5. Garnish with thinly sliced radishes.