Once upon a time, Sport.pl hosted the “Sports Icon” poll. Now we organized a vote for football icons, and invited foreign journalists and our readers to it. We awarded prizes in three categories: soccer player, soccer player, and coach of the year. And we used this opportunity to boast of the legendary Kazimierz Dina, who became a symbol, a hero of a monument. And who we are proud of the little in the world until now. – Dina was a part of our Cruyff, a little bit James Dean, and let the Kazik statue remind us of that – said Janusz Durusevic, Kazimierz Dina’s boss.
We invited the journalists we valued, read and listen to them every day to vote. They agreed to participate, among other things, Julio Maldonado, one of the most famous football journalists in Spain, representing Great Britain, the author of football books and journalist Graham Hunter, Italy – King of Transfer News Gianluca de Marzio, Germany Christian Falk, Head of the Football Department of Sport Build. ” Ireland – Miguel Delaney with The Independent, a full list of voters is available below:
- Algeria – Saif Nadria (top scorer)
- Argentina – Roberto Martinez (Radio Aurora)
- Australia: Luke Wilkshire (Fox Sports).
- Austria – Tom Midler (UEFA, commentator on German and Austrian football).
- Belgium – Yves Teldman (last hour)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – Szasza Ibrulj (Bosnian freelance journalist, TeleSport columnist, business colleague, among others, Guardiana, The Blizzard, ESPN)
- Brasilia – Andre Henning (interactive sport)
- Chile: Aldo Schiappacasse (Teletrece i Tele13radio)
- Cheney Lu Ming (Titan Sports)
- Croatia – Alexander Hollega (freelance work, collaborating with, among others, FourFourTwo, Guardian or The Blizzard)
- Czech Republic – Yaroslav Blasil (Czech Radio)
- Dania – Martin Gottschalk (TV2)
- Egipt – Amr Nageeb Fahmy (beIN Sports)
- France: Julian Maynard (TF1, Telefoot)
- Ghana – Ooraku Ambofu (Joy Sports)
- Greece – Stavros Georgacopoulos (Sport24.gr)
- Spain – Julio Maldonado (a fellow of Movistar +, Cope and Marki, among others)
- Hollandia – Willem Fesser (de Volkskrant)
- Iran – Siamak Rahmani (Bartarinha)
- Ireland – Miguel Delaney (Independent)
- Iceland: Elvar Gere Magnuson (editor-in-chief of fotbolti.net)
- Jamajka – Simon Preston (RJR Glenner Group)
- Jabonia – Masaki Kono (The Asahi Shimbun)
- Cameron – Herve Kimgen (Equinox TV)
- Qatar – Ravi Kumar (journalist with 40 years of experience, World Cup and Olympic Games correspondent)
- Colombia – Juan Felipe Cadave (Radio Caracol)
- South Korea: Lee Seungmu (Goal.com).
- Costa Rica – Minor Solano (football connection)
- Morocco: Ayoub Al Basri (Radio March)
- Mexico: Miguel Angel Breseno (ESPN)
- Germany – Christian Falk (Head of Football Department at Sportbild)
- Nigeria: Uma Akatugba (Uma Sports)
- Norway-Ireland Nesje (Aftenposten)
- Paraguay – Gotita Burnaby (Unicanal)
- Peru – Enrique de la Rosa (ESPN)
- Portogalia – Sergio Crétienas (Record)
- Russia: Igor Rabiner (Sport Express)
- South Africa – Felile Minando (Sports SABIC)
- Romania – Emmanuel Russo (freelancer collaborates with the largest media)
- Senegal – Mamadou Salif Diallo (APS – Senegalese News Agency).
- Serbia – Nebojsa Markovio (Mondo daily, collaborates with FourFourTwo)
- Slovakia – Juraj Berzedi (SME)
- Switzerland – David Lemus (RTS)
- Sweden – Therese Stromberg (SportExpressen)
- Tunisia – Souheil Khemira (collaborator, among others, BBC Sport and Goal.com)
- Turkey – Ozcan Oztur (BeIN sports commentator)
- Ukraine – Vadim Skechko (Migogo)
- Uruguay – Ricardo Pineroa (13a0 DelSol)
- United States: Jimmy Conrad (CBS)
- Venezuela – Alejandro y Villegas Gomez (President of Sports Venezuela)
- Running – Zaland Bodnar (national sport)
- Great Britain – Graham Hunter (Author of several books and contributor to the largest media in the world)
- Italy – Gianluca Di Marzio (transfer expert, collaborating with Sky)
For this opinion, we did not ask any of the Polish journalists, but you fans. In the polls published on Sport.pl from Monday to Friday, you can vote for your favorites and choose over 65,000 people. Sounds we would like to thank you for! Points were awarded in the same way as in the case of journalists’ votes: in the Footballer of the Year category 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and football and coach of the year 5, 4, 3.
“I know all of Dina’s matches from the 1974 World Cup.”
The honorary sponsor of the Football Referendum Icon is Fundacja im. Kazimierz Dina. And the prize for the winners – a statue of “Kazik” in honor of Kazimierz Dina, with a graphic quote from the mural. Graham Hunter, when we invited him to vote, replied, “I know all of Dina’s matches in the 1974 World Cup.” We would love for more of our friends from the football world to know them thanks to the poll.
Kazimierz Dina was the first pole to be on the podium in the “France Football” referendum, and he was the starting point for counting Polish successes in such elections. After him, Zbigniew Boniek was on the podium in 1982, and he is also in third place. And now Robert Lewandowski is writing his own part of this story. But Kazimierz Dina was not only the first pole on the podium, he was also the first Polish symbol of football: nobody has many frescoes in his honor, Dina was the first Polish footballer to have a memorial. It reminds us of the most beautiful times, when there was more than one pole in dozens of referendums. Let it happen again at some point.
Kazik, “Icon of Futbol” competition award Sports
What determines the ranking if the number of points is equal?
An important caveat here: If the number of points is equal, the highest position is determined by who has the largest number of the first, then the second, the third, the fourth, and the fifth. It is for this reason that Kevin De Bruyne surpassed Sadio Mane and finished second (one of the voters put Belgium in first), ahead of Lionel Messi over Cristiano Ronaldo (he was in first and the Portuguese), and Zlatan Ibrahimovio led. Virgil van Dijk (the Swede was first three times), Thomas Mueller was ahead of Karim Benz (he was in second), Alejandro Gomez was ahead of Bruno Fernandes (he was in third), and Ciro Immem was ahead of Josip Ilicic thanks to the position Second, Leon Goretzka was ahead of Alfonso Davis (it was a third).
The podium configuration is especially interesting, as we will not find Messi or Ronaldo, who were nominated in the FIFA The Best poll next to Lewandowski – they were overtaken by De Bruyne and Mane! On the other hand, the captain of the Polish national team outperformed his rivals, taking nearly five times the vote than De Bruyne II. Without prolonging, here are the full voting results for Icon Football 2020.
Voting results for the public player:
- 1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – 254 points out of 270 possible
- 2. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – 52 points
- 3. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – 52 points
- 4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 48 points
- 5. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – 48 points
- 6. Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich) 45 points
- 7. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) 42 points
- 8. Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern) 40 points
- 9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Milan) – 31 points
- 10. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool) – 31 points
- 11. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) 28 points
- 12. Neymar (PSG) – 26 pct
- 13. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) – 25 points
- 14. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 14 points
- 15. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) 12 points
- 16. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) 12 points
- 17. Thiago Alcantara (Bayern / Liverpool) – 10 percent
- 18. Alejandro Gomez (Atalanta) 6 points
- 19. Bruno Fernandez (Manchester United) – 6 points
- 20. Siro Immobile (Lazio) – 4 packets
- 21- Josep Ilicic (Atalanta) 4 points
- 22. Leon Goretzka (Bayern Monarch) – 3 points
- 23. Alphonso Davis (Bayern Munich) 3 points
- 24. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) and Lotaro Martinez (Inter Milan) – 2 points
- 26- Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid) and Lucas Ocampos (Seville) – 0 points.
Footballer of the Year:
- Burnell Harder (Wolfsburg FC / Chelsea FC) 138 points
- Wendy Renard (Paris Saint-Germain) – 122 points
- Lucy Bronze (Olympic Lyon / Manchester City) – 106 bags
- Vivienne Miedema (Arsenal) – 88 points
- Delphine Cascarino (Olympique Lyon) – 62 pkt
Coach of the Year:
- Hansi Flick (Bayern Munich) – 254 points
- Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – 173 percent
- Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta) – 116 piasters
- Julian Nagelsmann (RB Leipzig) – 67 points
- Thomas Tuchel (Paris Saint-Germain) and Julen Lopetegui (Seville) – 19 points
And all the texts of the poll – that will still appear! – In a special section you can find >> There you will find texts, among other things about why the Chinese have not conquered the world of football yet, whether the United States will become the next power, or about the secrets of the success of Olympique Lyonnais, whose players dominate in such a way as not before. Instance.
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”