In order to “simplify” the rules, Boris Johnson introduced a new model forDomestic Covid alert levels“In England, which will act as a traffic light system. There will be three layers under the system – medium, high and very high.
In areas with particularly high levels of infection Bars, Gyms and casinos can be forced to close in order to stop the spread.
The Prime Minister said that new alert levels of the Covid virus are being introduced in order to “eliminate this virus wherever it appears.”
What are the rules for intermediate / level 1 insurance?
The middle level covers most of the country and consists of current national measures. This means that people in the Level 1 area must adhere to:Rule of sixThe halls will close at 10 pm.
- All companies and places can continue to operate, in a safe manner from the Covid virus, other than those that remain closed by law, such as nightclubs and entertainment venues for adults.
- Some businesses that sell food or drink on their premises have to close between 10 PM and 5 AM. Companies and places that sell food for consumption outside the building can continue to do so after 10 p.m. as long as it is through delivery, click-and-collect, or drive.
- Schools, universities and places of worship remain open
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- Sports and structured indoor exercise classes can be continued, provided the rule of six is followed
- People should not meet in groups larger than six, indoors or outdoors
Use our interactive tool To see which layer your region is located under In England’s New Domestic Lockdown System
“Music specialist. Pop culture trailblazer. Problem solver. Internet advocate.”