- It is expected that in the event of an invasion, there will be a need for increased confidence and a sense of security in our NATO allies and the United States will be prepared to do so, he added.
- A senior US official did not want to reveal details of a possible US response to a possible invasion, but indicated that the US would support Ukraine with new weapons supplies.
- – Before the conversation between Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin on Tuesday, the US president will hold talks with leaders of allied countries, and the head of diplomacy, Anthony Blinken, will speak with the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, the representative said. White House
- More such information can be found on the home page of Onet.pl
After 2014, we had the European Deterrence Initiative, which included an increased deployment of patrol forces on the territory of NATO’s eastern wing allies — administration representative Joe Biden said during the conference ahead of Tuesday’s online conversation between the US and Russia chiefs.
The United States announces its support for Ukraine
“One might expect that in the event of an invasion, there would be a need to increase the confidence and security of our NATO allies, and the United States would be prepared to do so,” he added.
The rest of the text is below the video.
A senior US official did not want to reveal details of a possible US response to a possible invasion, but indicated that the United States would support Ukraine with new arms shipments. At the same time, he stressed that the goal of the United States is not military intervention in a potential conflict.
Biden’s conversation with Putin will precede talks with allies
– Before the conversation between Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin on Tuesday, the US President will hold talks with the leaders of allied countries, and the head of diplomacy, Anthony Blinken, will speak with the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, said the representative of the Republic of Ukraine. White House.
During a press conference on Tuesday’s virtual summit between the United States and Russia, a White House representative also announced that Biden will also hold a conversation with Zelensky in the following days.
“We will talk to Russia about its concerns about NATO activities.”
– During a conversation on Tuesday with President Vladimir Putin, we will bring up the topic of common interests regarding Russia’s and NATO’s activities in the region, but we do not intend to change our policy regarding who can join the alliance – added administration official Joe Biden.
The United States has consistently upheld the principle that every nation has the right to make its own decisions about its own security. This is the policy of the United States of America today and will remain in the future – he added when asked at the conference about Russia’s demands to exclude the possibility of Ukraine’s membership in NATO.
– He said that the United States supports discussions between NATO and Russia regarding problems of mutual interest, Russia’s concerns about NATO’s activities and NATO and America’s concerns about Russia’s activities.
– At the same time, we do not believe that talks about “red lines” will be useful, and President Biden himself said that we will not follow the logic of accepting anyone’s red lines – the official indicated.
We are glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Proud creator. Amateur music junkie. Tv scholar. Web fan. Lifelong alcohol lover. Falls down a lot. Hardcore thinker.”