The first episode of the Friday stage of Rally Estonia was held in sunny conditions. The situation may change during the afternoon as rain is foreseen by forecasts. Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak are currently sixth, but the top twelve ranks in just over a minute, promising an exciting battle later in the rally.
See also: Rally Estonia 2022: Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak with their second opening time
– Friday’s first episode of Rally Estonia is behind us. It’s fast as advertised before the start. We are sitting on the train with other great drivers, maybe not in the front row at the moment, but I feel better and better in the car at every stage. We didn’t quite get to the pool settings in the early part of the day, but we’re on our way to fixing it, which is also visible in our time. Conditions are variable, grip on the special stages is different, so we will have to set up the car differently for each test. The plan for Episode Two is to enjoy the ride, keep a steady pace and not take your foot off the fuel, said Kajetan Kajetanowicz, a LOTOS Rally team representative.
For the second episode, the organizers planned to restart Peipisääre (24.35 km), Mustvee (17.09 km), Ranesta (21.45 km) and Fastsimwa (6.70 km).
Rally Estonia 2022 – unofficial WRC 2 rating after SS 5:
1. Lindholm / Hämäläinen (Finland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) 41: 04.5 sec
2. Mikkelsen / Eriksen (Norway, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +4.3 seconds
3. Sonnen/Markula (Finland, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +8.7sec
4. Kaur/Simm (Estonia, VW Polo GTI Rally2) +11.5 seconds
5. Bolacia / Vallejo (Bolivia / Spain, Skoda Fabia Rally 2 Evo) +17.4sec
6. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +37.3sec
7. Huttunen / Lucca (Finland, Ford Fiesta Rally 2) +38.1 seconds
8. Paddon / Kennard (New Zealand, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +52.7 seconds
9. Zaldivar / Der Ohanesian (Paraguay / Argentina, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +1: 03.5 seconds
10. Linnamäe / Drew (Estonia / UK, VW Polo GTI Rally2) +1: 05.8 seconds
Go to Polsatsport.pl
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”