The afternoon episode of the Friday stage of the Rally Monza was played in full on the legendary Formula 1 circuit, with the Poles achieving the third time and twice the second time, winning two trials with their main rivals, Russell and Rinucci. This allowed Kajitanovic and Šcpanyak to get close to the leaderboard for 2.9 seconds. They are in a great position to fight in tomorrow’s special six stages, which total over 108 kilometers.
– After driving over a hundred kilometers, we have a difference of less than three seconds for the leaders. This shows how fierce the competition is. We rode the mountains today, we rode the track, it was slippery and wet asphalt, there were gravel combinations, we used different types of tires. A lot has happened today, but this is the World Rally Championship, you have to be prepared for anything. I’m happy with our speed, but we still have a lot to do and I need to focus fully, and it’s not easy here. I have a lot of fun with driving, I try to enjoy it, the fans from Poland give me energy and motivation, and there are a lot of them here. This support adds a few kilograms to the right leg to push the gas more aggressively, but that leg should work well with the head. It’s good, but this is just the beginning, we will continue to fight tomorrow – said LOTOS Rally Team competitor, Kajetan Kajetanowicz.
The Saturday stage of the Monza Rally consists of three special stages that are covered twice. First, the crews will go to a loop in the mountains, which will consist of SS 8/10 San Fermo (14.80 km, starting at 7:38 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.) and SS 9/11 Selvino (24.93 km, 11) at 8:33 and 12:03). After the service, they will return to testing on the F1 circuit, competing for the SS 12/13 Sottozero (14.39km, 15:09 and 17:19).
Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s beginnings are backed by the strategic partner of the LOTOS Rally team – Grupa LOTOS, as well as Delphi Technologies, Pirelli, SJS Driving Experience and Grupa Sikora.
2021 Monza Rally Results – WRC 3 after SS 7:
1. Rossel / Renucci (France, Citroën C3 Rally2) 1:08: 26.5 seconds
2. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +2.9 seconds
3. Crugnola / Ometto (Italy, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +11.7 seconds
4. Monster / Lucca (Luxembourg / Belgium, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +29.2 seconds
5. Di Tommaso / Ascaloni (Italy, Skoda Fabia Rally 2 Evo) +41.5sec
6. Albertini / Fappani (Italy, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +48.5 seconds
7. McErlean/Fulton (Irelandia, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +1: 04.9 s
8. Ingram / Whitock (Great Britain, Skoda Fabia Rally 2 Evo) +2: 20.0 sec
9. Bird / Morton (UK, Ford Fiesta Rally 2) +3: 06.8 seconds
10. Perico / Turati (Italy, VW Polo GTI Rally2) +3: 19.9 seconds
Go to Polsatsport.pl
“Extreme organizer. Problem solver. Passionate web buff. Internet expert. Devoted travel nerd. Professional troublemaker.”