If, as part of your business, you move goods between the UK and Europe, new rules will apply from 1 January 2021. These regulations apply to all European commercial transactions, regardless of whether you buy or sell goods annually or daily and regardless of type. The volume and value of the transaction; This is why all businesses should prepare for it.

>> Download the checklist

Follow the steps below and set up your company to trade with the European Union:

1. Check when affidavits are required

If you want to buy, sell or transfer goods between the UK and the EU from 1 January 2021, you will need to file customs declarations.

If you are importing (standard) uncontrolled goods from EU countries, you can delay the submission of customs declarations for up to six months. To do this, you will have to enter an entry in your business records. For more information, please visit the website www.gov.uk/hmrc/delay-import-declarations

If you are importing controlled items: ww.gov.uk/guidance/list-of-goods- Imported to Great Britain from the Controlled European Union And the From January 1, 2021 it will beHe sat down Complete import declarations. The process will work in the same way as it does When trading with Comfort the world. For more information, please visit the website www.gov.uk/import-goods-outside-eu

If you are exporting normal or controlled goods, you will be required from January 1 to complete export declarations and submit full safety and security declarations. You will stick to the same model as when you are trading with the rest of the world.

See also  Police officer paid 7p for 12 donuts from Krispy Kreme says it was a 'blunt mistake'

For more information, see www.gov.uk/export-goods-outside-eu

2. Get ready to file customs declarations

Now, you must decide if you are able to file the returns yourself or if you need professional support in this regard. Customs declarations are complex and take time to complete. This is why most entrepreneurs use the help of a specialist, for example a freight forwarder or express freight operator.

If you wish to benefit from professional support, you must:

  • Find someone who can help you. You can find a list of professionals who can provide support at www.gov.uk/guidance/list-of-customs-agents-and-fast-parcel-operators
  • Make sure you understand what your obligations are and what information you will need to provide to the person who will help you make the statement.
  • Work with the specialist you choose and make sure you are ready to trade with the European Union from January 1, 2021.

If you intend to trade with the European Union, we recommend that you hire a professional to help you with the ad. If you still wish to set up the affidavits yourself, you must:

  • Check if you have the appropriate competencies and knowledge to complete customs declarations within your company.
  • Purchase of specialized software and licenses necessary to interact with it
    HMRC Systems (UK Revenue & Taxes).
  • Request access to CHIEF, the IT system for filing tax returns with HMRC.
  • Submit an application for a duty deferral if you plan to file affidavits later,
    For uncontrolled imported goods until June 30, 2021.
  • Check the documents for imported goods that you need to attach to the declaration.
See also  A 15-year-old boy died after falling from a parking lot in Liverpool

3. Make sure your supply chain is ready

Forward this information to everyone in your supply chain so they all know what changes are needed from you.

Advise you His face sTrade partner from the European Union with a history www.gov.uk/eubusiness To see what steps he should take.

For more information, see www.gov.uk/transition

>> Download the checklist