More of these texts can be found on the Onet.pl homepage
Nizzolo, distributed by Łukasz Wiśniowski, was ahead of compatriot Edoardo Affini (Jumbo-Visma) and Slovakian Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe).
Aveni tried to surprise his rivals by attacking 500 meters from the finish line. He had more than ten meters in advantage and only Nizzolo could defeat him.
At the end of the stage, aside from Wiśniowski, Maciej Bodnar was also visible, taking part in the “train” that dispenses Sagan.
This is the win in the first stage in Giro by the 32-year-old Nisolo, European champion. The runner from Milan is participating in this race for the eighth time and has been in the lead many times. Second … 11 times, including two stages of this year’s edition. He earned the points rating twice, wearing a cyclamen jersey for the best runner at the end of the race. Sagan is riding there right now.
– finally. First of all I wanted to avoid getting snagged because I felt I had good legs and could finish. It was hard to catch Avini. He made a great number – said Nizzolo at the finish line.
Nothing has changed at the front of the overall rating. Bernal still has a 45-second advantage over Russian Alexander Vlasov (Astana Premier Tech) and 1.12 over Italian Damiano Caruso (Bahrain’s victor).
A very challenging mountain stage has been planned for Saturday with the finish line at Monte Zoncolan in the Carnic Alps. In the final kilometer, the slope was 14.5 percent. The weather will not make the task easier for cyclists. Meteorologists expect precipitation and peak temperatures of 3-5 degrees Celsius.
1. Giacomo Nisulu (Włochy / Qhubeka Assos) – 4: 42.19
2 – Eduardo Aveni (Włochy / Jumbo-Visma)
3 – Peter Sagan (Slovakia / Bora – Hansgroh)
4. Davide Cimolai (Wlochy / Israel Start-Up Nation)
5. Fernando Gaviria (Colombia / United Arab Emirates)
6 – Stefano Oldany (Italy / Lotto Soudal)
7 – Andrea Pascualon (Italy / Intermarsh – Ante – Joubert)
8. Max Kanter (Germany / DSM)
9 – Elia Viviani (Italy / Covidis)
10 – Dylan Gronwigen (Netherlands / Jumbo Visma)
101. Maciej Bodnar (Polska / Bora-Hansgrohe) at the same time
126. ukasz Wiśniowski (Poland / Qhubeka Assos), 1.07 loss
1. Egan Bernal (Kolumbia / Ineos Grenadiers) – 53: 11.42
2. Alexander Vlasov (Russia / Astana Premier Tech) 45 pp
3. Damiano Caruso (Italy / Bahrain victorious) 1.12
4. Hugh Karthy (Great Britain / EF Education-Nebo) 1.17
5. Simon Yates (Great Britain / BikeExchange) 1.22
6. Emanuel Buchmann (Germany / Bora-Hansgrohe) 1.50
7. Remco Evenepoel (Belgia / Deceuninck-Quick Step) 2.22
8. Giulio Ciccone (Italy / Trek Segafredo) 2.24
9. Tobias Voss (Norway / Jumbo-Fisma) 2.49
10. Daniel Felipe Martinez (Kolumbia / Ineos Grenadiers) 3.15
Maciej Bodnar (Polska / Bora – Hansgrohe) 2:12
153- Lucas Vinyowski (Poland / Qhubeka Assos) 2: 21.35
Date created: May 21, 2021, 08:20