- Ohlen was filmed preparing for the shots, and the video of the reporter bending over, dipping her hands in the mud and posting it on her face, was posted on YouTube and Twitter.
- RTL has learned about the mud scam since Monday, but it kept its viewers in the dark
- After heavy rain, the situation in western Germany became very difficult. At least 170 people were killed in this part of the country last week
- More such stories can be found on the homepage of Onet.pl
RTL reporter Susanna Ohlin helped with the clean-up and made dramatic recordings available online on a regular basis.
– RTL presenter Susanna Ohlin helps clean up in Bad Muenstereifel and shares harrowing footage on the web – RTL report mentioned. In the report, Ohlin, covered in mud, spoke of the people’s suffering and called on viewers to help as well.
Unfortunately, Ohlen was filmed preparing for the material, and a video of the reporter bending over, dipping her hands in the mud and smearing her face with them, made its way to YouTube and Twitter.
An RTL spokeswoman asked about the issue by Bild newspaper Thursday afternoon that “our reporter’s actions are in direct conflict with journalistic principles and our own standards. So on Monday, when we heard about it, we immediately suspended it.”
According to Bild newspaper, this means that “RTL had been aware of the mud scam since Monday, but kept its viewers in the dark until the event was posted online and could no longer be kept a secret.”
Ohlen has been with RTL since 2008. She recently hosted the “Guten Morgen Deutschland” (Good Morning Germany) show.
Weekly floods in Germany have destroyed roads, railways, bridges, mobile phone towers, power lines and gas. Initial estimates point to billions of dollars in losses and years of recovery from the devastation.
After heavy rains, the situation in western Germany became very difficult. At least 170 people were killed in this part of the country last week. Bad weather conditions hamper rescue operations.
Hundreds of people were declared missing after the floods. At the same time, the balance of losses is still increasing.
The army was called in to the aid of rescue services and was searching in the areas most affected by the effects of the element.
Source: PAP, Onet
We are glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
Date created: Today 07:43
“Food practitioner. Music junkie. Avid troublemaker. Hipster-friendly creator. Social media lover. Wannabe pop culture fanatic.”