Last patch 1.52 lowest Cyberpunk 2077 movie Silently added support for steam surface. Together with him in the game options on the Valve console A special set of graphics settings appeared His name is Steam Deck.
- This is what Cyberpunk 2077’s graphics settings and options look like in the PC version Similar to Steam Deck.
In theory, Steam Deck owners who aren’t interested in manually tuning each visual option individually can choose this preset combination and enjoy the optimal balance between performance and image quality.
Youtube user with a pseudonym Games on Linux He posted a video explaining that this ‘preset’ doesn’t always work as it should.
- After selecting the Steam Deck art set, the game runs on Valve mobile devices About 22 frames per second.
- After going down to the “medium” level with the visual options (while leaving the “high” motifs), the fps number hovered around 36.
- The above analyzes were performed with the game running at a resolution of 1280 x 800 in a built-in reference standard.
- Gaming On Linux tested the software with it turned off AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Technologythat has been added to Cyberpunk 2077 movie together with In patch 1.50.
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR for short) Dramatically increases the frame rate per second while slightly decreasing the image quality.
- Steam Deck Graphics Preset A combination of the same visual options as the “ultra” graphic settings..
- Interestingly, it seems that when you select the Steam Deck setting, the FSR technology in the game options remains turned off (although, of course, you can turn it on manually).
Gaming on Linux sums up the situation in the following words:
If people using Steam Deck go into settings, they will find an option called “Steam Deck” and find that it works really poorly – it just won’t look good.
…but sometimes it works correctly?
Youtube user with a pseudonym C0haagen Also posted a video of the benchmark Cyberpunk 2077 movie With the selected graphic settings for Steam Deck (1280 x 800 resolution):
- Unlike games on Linux, However, he manually enabled AMD FSR In game options And set it to the “Balanced” level.
- The average frame rate was 51.
- It should be noted that C0haagen, unlike Gaming On Linux, was recording material from a portable camera. The image capture software that Gaming On Linux uses can also have an impact on game performance.
Both YouTubers use the tool MangoHud To measure frames per second (it is visible in the upper left corner of the screen). Although in Cohaagen’s case it is incorrectly shown that FSR technology is turned off, at the beginning of his film we can clearly see that he is active in the game options.
So it looks like the Steam Deck’s graphics preset was supposed to match the “Ultra” setting with the difference being that FSR is turned on. The problem is Choosing it does not turn this technology on automatically.
- Another premise is that the Steam Deck setup was supposed to be a mixture of medium and high graphics options, but due to an error when choosing it, everything is to a high standard.
- There are not many game records circulating online from Cyberpunk 2077 movie It runs on Steam Deck, which makes it difficult to take a closer look at everything.
For now, everything seems to indicate that Cyberpunk 2077 should work properly on Steam Deck, You just need to adjust the graphic settings by yourselfchoose a preset from Low to High, Ultra or Steam Deck with FSR enabled.
Studio CD Projekt RED (Game Developers) is probably aware of this situation, because the product card on Steam contains Informationwho – which Cyberpunk 2077 movie It can run on Valve mobile devices, but it requires manual configuration of the graphics settings to run efficiently.
More Gaming On Linux analysis
Gaming On Linux posted the following comment under the C0haagen video:
Disable FSR, restore default settings, then set the graphics options to the Steam Deck level. Then restart the game and run the benchmark. What result will you get? There’s something wrong here, because the graphics in your video look a lot worse (even considering FSR) than mine.
Next, specify it in a comment below his article:
Update: Upon closer examination, it turns out that the Steam Deck setup is definitely not working properly. By itself, it just includes the same options as the preset Ultra, but there’s more.
Going directly from the middle preset on Steam Deck and running the benchmark, the performance was found to be higher than what I posted in my video (…).
It seems Cyberpunk It sticks to the graphics settings you had before selecting the Steam Deck, and any restart of the game after referring to this preset will reset it back to Ultra.
- Cyberpunk 2077 review – Samurai, you’ve got a great RPG to play
- Cyberpunk 2077 Game Guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Official Site
“Devoted organizer. Incurable thinker. Explorer. Tv junkie. Travel buff. Troublemaker.”