The original story follows.
Those who play Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that if their save files exceed 8MB, they could become permanently corrupt and unusable.
Compensator MagicTacoSauce Post a public service announcement (PSA) to alert others to this issue, and GOG.com Owned by Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red – I gave an overly unpromising response.
“Unfortunately, the preservation is damaged and cannot be restored,” the statement reads. “Please use an older save file to keep playing and try to keep a smaller amount of items and artifacts. If you’ve used an item duplication issue please upload a save file that is not affected by it. The save file size limit may be increased in one of future patches, but corrupted files will remain.” In this way. “
GOG.com saying that it “may be increased in future corrections” may not be the best news for those who like to collect everything and like to make a lot more.
Compensator Ministry of Defense Share the ways players can check their current save files, which are as follows;
- PC – % Userprofile% Saved games CD Projekt Red Cyberpunk 2077
- Playstation 4 – Settings> Application Saved Data Management> System Storage Saved Data> Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5- Settings> Storage> [Storage device] > Saved data> PS4 games / PS5 games> Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One – My apps and games> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Game Management> Saved Data
- Xbox X | S – My games and apps> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game and add-ons> Saved data
While this may not affect everyone, it is something to watch. Although this particular issue was not addressed in the just released Hotfix 1.05, several other bugs and glitches have been addressed that should provide a smoother experience.
To learn more about Cyberpunk 2077, check out our opinion piece on how Cyberpunk deserves the best and how players can get a refund if they’re not happy with their experience.
Do you tip for us? Want to discuss a potential story? Please send an email to [email protected]