multiple Online support topics Including our GPS data that was found not being properly recorded during activities. The problem appears to affect all Apple watch models.
In most cases, users log a workout on their watch while leaving iPhone at home, but when they look later at the Activity app, it only displays the starting point of the workout on the GPS map, and nothing else.
Additionally, some users reported excessive battery drain on their Apple Watch or iPhone, or both under iOS 14 and watchOS 7. On support chains, it appears that the unofficial repair was not pairing up with the Apple Watch and restore it. Jack Taylor From our forums I reported solving both problems this way:
GPS issues and severe battery drain on the onwatchOS 7 were fixed for me simply by pairing and re-pairing my watch. Both issues were resolved right after that as noted in several support groups
Apple appears to have embraced this advice as an official solution to this problem. in a Newly published support document Titled If you are missing Workout GPS tracks or Health data after updating to iOS 14 and watchOS 7, Apple wrote that users may see the following issues after upgrading to iOS 14 and watchOS 7:
- Your workout path maps are missing in the Fitness app on iPhone for previous workouts that support GPS from Apple Watch.
- Activity, heart rate, or other health-related apps are failing to play or load data on Apple Watch.
- Fitness app or Health app failed to play or upload data to علىiPhone.
- The Health app or the Fitness app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on iPhone.
- The Activity app reports an inaccurate amount of data storage space on Apple Watch.
- Environmental volume data or headphone volume data from Apple Watch is missing in the Health app on iPhone.
- Increased drain on your iPhone or Apple Watch battery.
If you are experiencing two or more of these symptoms, Apple suggests unpairing your Apple Watch, backing up iPhone and Apple Watch, wiping both devices and restoring from backup. Apple advances Steps to get it done These tasks are in the support document published today.
“Devoted organizer. Incurable thinker. Explorer. Tv junkie. Travel buff. Troublemaker.”